Wednesday, April 30, 2008

There is a report on the grading system of Project Work featuring in the newspaper last Friday. I was quite pissed off after reading the report. Actually I already knew that project work is a a-level Cambridge subj, however it is assessed in Singapore and is marked internally by the college [ur own sch teachers].i mean the real prob is how do u noe that the grading system is fair. Just look at tjc and yjc, both colleges have approximately 87% of the students earning distinction. Hcjc has 98% distinctions. N some pathetic schools like Srjc onli got 7%. However the MOE just claimed that “these teachers follow marking guidelines common to the school” this is really unfair cos how do u know that these tchers follow the guidelines. Even pri sch tchers help their students cheat in PSLE, till now only one tcher was caught in the act. However there might be a handful of tchers who have done such dishonest acts, u nvr know! Some college tchers jus want their students to score better in proj work, n so they just mark leniently whilst some is so stringent. So I tink the MOE should conduct a review of the subj.

I know life is UNFAIR but we can make changes to improve it!

No comments: